Thursday, December 2, 2010

stitch and bitch

Every year we are determined to make as many of our presents as possible. There is no pressure just encouragement to do the best we can. Every week someone brings in a project that has been completed and I try to post them for you to see. So much has been going on this year and I seem to be a little late with my show and tell. Our resident yaya models this lovely scarf joking that maybe it will find its way under her tree. It needs to be touched to really appreciate how great this feels around your neck.


Cynthiaaaaaaaa as we call her, made several different scarves before she took the plunge and tried her hand at socks.
Of course she made her own needles and had to ham it up a bit before getting down to business.


When she did though nothing stopped her. This is her first pair of socks. Pretty nifty isn't it?Picture is a little blurry because of a severe case of happy feet.I don't blame her.Getting that first pair done is such a great accomplishment.

Now,check this out. New to our group,Christine, wanted to make something special for her brother. He loves dungeons and dragons,just recently got married and bought a home. He suggested a hat that he could wear when shoveling his driveway. I wish I was a fly on the wall when he sees this. I think the neighbors might be in for a surprise too!! It reminds me of one of the characters in Harry Potter.........................said the hobbit









No comments: