Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The quilt show

The Chocheco Quilters guild in our area recently had their show. Now this is not something I usually attend since quilting is not my forte. My family did all their quilts by hand,no machine quilting,and although the actual quilting wasn't perfect or as decorative, it's what I think of when I hear quilting.There were many quilts and this is just a teeny tiny representation. To see the winner of the show click on the chocheco link .


This was a 3 D type wall hanging. Matellic fabric with shade like addition to give the quilt depth.


A civil war quilt using computer generated picture to "honor" the war? Not as much information as I a newcomer would have liked. Was it a copy of a quilt done after the war? Not sure.

Photographing was a bit difficult as I wasn't sure if I was allowed or not. This was my favorite .I wish I had thought of taking a picture of just one square. Every one of them featured a different pig. The fabric was chosen by the womens husband as he is a  true fan of pigs and she put it together just for him.Now that's what quilting should be about. So maybe I'll go again with the hope of finding a few more quilts that have just a bit more personality and family story behind them. It's a start ...........said the hobbit

2 comments:

Connie said...

Doing everything by hand is so much work. Hats off to everyone for all the beautiful stitches!

The Hobbit said...

Yes they all deserve praise for their efforts.