Friday, September 5, 2008

What do you mean it's September

Yikes I can't believe summer is over!!!!!!!Does that mean the holidays are right around the corner?????Are you ready,naw neither am I .There were so many things I wanted to show you that happened this summer and the time just got away from me. Soooooo I m taking you on a little trip in time[don't worry not too far] to show you some of the things I neglected to tell you
I was doing.These little acorns are crocheted using but a single stitch. Aren't they adorable! You can use them to hold small prezzies. I think they make the perfect container for a ball of yarn and a quick pattern for someone who is just starting to knit or crochet.
The yarn that I tucked in there was a find from the sheep and wool festival.It's hand dyed bamboo and I can't wait to get more. The colors are so vibrant. They say it's a fiber that breathes I plan on giving it the test when I knit up a few pair of socks. I guess I'll have to finish up tomorrow as I must be off to pick up the rest of my chicken order. I learnt alot this year about purchasing my locally grown chickens. 1]They are much larger then the supermarket variety and 2]my family cannot consume 24 chickens over the summer months. What was I thinking???? Lesson learnt and thank God for freezers.Now lets see if I can squeeze another 12 in.................................said the Hobbit

2 comments:

S'mee said...

The acorn is adorable, seriously adorable!

I am saving for a freezer, I have wanted one for so long...I hope it won't be too much longer! Good deal those home grown chickens.

rmlrhonda said...

We grew our own meat birds a couple of times and I was amazed at the difference from supermarket birds! The meat is so much more substantial and I found one bird went so much further than a supermarket one of similar looking size. I hope to someday do it again. Good luck with yours!