Sunday, September 28, 2008

Last few days

Well here are the last tomatoes that I will be canning this year.After a crazy hectic pace I have finally reach the end of the line. It's hard to believe that summer is over but, being the eternal optimist I now look forward to Indian Summer. I don't know if this happens in all parts of the country ,but, here in N.E. just about the time you put all your summer clothes away we get a week of very warm weather. Well high 70's low 80's which for us really seems like a heat wave. I hope it comes this year as we are still prepping to install our pellet stove.

These tomatoes have been turned into a soup-base as I have had an opportunity to start a soup business. I have just enough customers to help me put a few dollars aside to have a chicken coop of my own. I found the cutest chicken coop.
http://oakdene-coops.co.uk/index.htm

Of course it's in the U.K. but, with the help of a local carpenter I hope to have it in the spring.
I didn't have a chance to plant any flowers this year but, a little birdie left this for me. It was a pleasant surprise when I looked out my window.Now that the canning is done I have to get down to business with the Christmas list. We usually trade tree decorations so I better get to it........said the hobbit

No comments: