Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Hope everyone has a great day. We are celebrating at my home, so things are a little crazy in the kitchen.......
I'm always looking for a way to use my buttermilk. Still can't figure out why they only sell it in quarts when most people only need 1/2 a pint for a recipe. Anyhow Gourmet had this recipe for fantail dinner rolls and I thought I'd give them a try. As you can see mine will have a look of their own as I didn't quite get that fantail thing going. However I did sneak a taste when they came out of the oven and they are yummy. Picked up the turkey yesterday.That's a story in itself. It seems they always think I want a big bird and I don't have the heart to correct them at the time of purchase. They are always so proud to have set aside such a large one for me. Yesterday was no different. Big smiles on their faces when they informed me they had a 34 lbs turkey ready for me. Oh well, leftovers are always nice. We will only be 9 this year I wonder how my guest feel about eating 3 lbs of turkey apiece. Did I mention we do meat stuffing? I can see we will have more then one story to tell around the table this year. Off to find a pan to hold this big boy tell you all about it later...................said the hobbit


3 comments:

Geek+Nerd said...

*Laughing out loud*! Oh mumma, 34 pounds?! Can't wait to see this thing! I've got pies in the oven right now, I'll call you when we are on our way!

Margaret said...

34 lbs???? Well have fun with those leftovers. Turkey ala king, turkey soup, turkey pie, turkey stir fry, turkey sandwiches, turkey pasta, turkey hash, and finally, turkey surprise...

Anonymous said...

Meat stuffing! I can't believe I forgot about the meat stuffing on the Epic Canadian Food Post. Sigh. However, I'm glad your turkey came out well! Where did you get it?