Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Are you thinking garden?

I can't help it...........must be something in the genes. I have food/garden on my mind for most of my waking hours. Trouble is I usually dismiss my brainstorming with a wave of my hand always so sure it probably wouldn't work. Thankfully Christmas keeps me pretty busy and I manage to stop obsessing about the garden. However this year was a little different.........A late hurricane and an early snow storm found me doing cleanup in the garden on a warm November day and I started that..........."Why can't I grow something year round?" feeling. Living in N.H. it's easy to dismiss such a possibility. Somehow this year I just couldn't let go of it.

After weeding out a new area to expand the summer garden I thought. "Why not plant a few seeds under the tunnel and see what happens.

After 2 weeks into November I raised the tunnel and look what I found!!! I know......it's hard to see but, in the lower right hand corner of this picture I spied the smallest bit of lettuce starting to sprout.


At the opposite end of the tunnel (upper right hand corner) The faintest bit of red lettuce. I had a grin from ear to ear. I know ........doesn't take much to make me happy...right? Of course...now I have the bug. I'm anticipating a longer growing season already. How about you? Are you thinking on your garden? ............................said the hobbit

2 comments:

Connie said...

That is exciting! Good for you. Won't it taste wonderful!

The Hobbit said...

Life IS good isn't it?