Thursday, March 22, 2012

Eating from the pantry

It's that time of year...........freezer and cabinets have to be checked to see what might have been overlooked...........waste not want not. A phrase I have heard all my life and may have mentioned to my children about a thousand times. A bag of raspberries ,about a cup of rhubarb and a lonely apple sprinkled with a bit of sugar and left to marinate in the fridge overnight will make a tasty start to my day.


Especially when put on local yogurt and sprinkled with my very own granola.
Life is good...............said the hobbit.

2 comments:

Connie said...

That looks so yummy. I use plain yogurt a lot, but am not sure I could do raw rhubarb!

The Hobbit said...

We always ate raw rhubarb as children.My mother would give us a small container of sugar and a stalk of rhubarb and we would sit on the front step and dip and eat. This one had been blanched before freezing and the sugar sitting overnight did the rest.