Thursday, July 18, 2013

The rest of the story

Coming out of the conservatory as they refer to it.Seems pretty stuffy,doesn't it? I spotted this rose.
The flowers are about the size of my palm and just perfect. The sun was very bright and I was unable to capture the different shades in this bloom. The outer petals were a delicate blue and changed to a soft lavender shade.


It was marked as the Blueberry Hill. In springtime they have a plant sale. I wonder if this will be one of the species available. If it is I hope to get one.



Leaving another rose area we are confronted by the tempting pool. We behaved.....honest.We then walked under an archway of what I thought were dead trees.


I'm not sure what they are but, they have no leaves or bark,and were surrounded by lush green bushes that blocked most rays from the sun. We thought we might have taken a wrong turn but,soon came upon a lovely pool...............







filled with goldfish that had to be 24 inches long.
As I watched them swim in and out of rocks and scurry under wooden footbridges I again thought of being in the cool refreshing water.
Out of the dark and into a carpet of tickseed. This would be great for my yard also.


A final goodbye from the band and we were almost done.

But , not until our eyes were drawn to the opposite side of the path and saw the most beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean.How can you not love it.All this ,no more then 35 minutes from my door. As we left and shared parting words with the keeper, we were surprised to hear that the Fullers rarely went into the garden.Can you imagine having such beauty on the other side of your driveway and you only walked it 5 or 6 times in 30 years............. it amazes me..............said the hobbit.

No comments: