Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The garden..........so exciting!

This year my garden was amazing!!!Despite the fact that we got started late, had an episode with deer and went weeks without rain, my little garden just kept on giving and giving.Last week I picked carrots for our "big dinner" Potatoes were already harvested. So, cut those veggies up along with onions from my local farmer. Never thought of planting onions..........what was I thinking?
Put half a chicken on top and slathered it with raspberry peach jam.........yum.Popped it in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes per pound and voila!! My local dinner.
Just the right thing to make me feel like I'm getting things done. I'll tell you ........after being laid up for a few months there is nothing so satisfying as being able to do it yourself. The jam added just the right amount of sweet to the meal. And of course the fact that I had preserved it myself just boosted my self esteem to no end. Pretty crazy huh?Doesn't take a trip to the Bahamas to get me excited.
 So, tomorrow is Veterans Day and with that in mind I ask that you thank at least one veteran for the pleasures that you are enjoying. Just a simple thank you will be enough to put a smile on their face. After all, they have done so much for you....................said the hobbit.

No comments: