Thursday, January 24, 2008

Family&friends

Well it's been a few days since I've been able to post.My mom had a heart attack,and, she gave us a pretty good scare. She is 91 years old but, you'd never know it.She has a strong will to live and I believe she will beat the odds on this one. She recently started to read the bios on wives of American presidents and had just gotten as far as the third one when she became ill. When I visited her in the hospital she insisted she would get thru all the first ladies stories,that's why I think she'll be with us for a while.
As for my spaghetti dinner,plans are ongoing.I've purchased enough supplies to make dinner for 25 people.They'd better be hungry when they get here.My hubby plans on making a white bean soup on Sat.Hope that pans out. I would really like to see someone else in the kitchen besides me.I helped him research his recipe and he seems really hot to trot about doing tne chef thing keep your fingers crossed. My good friend Lucy sent me bread ,from Zingerman's in Ann Arbor MI, for Christmas.Four different breads arrived all beautifully wrapped.One was a pepper/cheese variety which I plan to serve with the spaghetti. For dessert[always have to have dessert]I made a pecan apple coffecake to be served with vanilla ice cream. I was thinking of serving a spritzer of seltzerwith apple juice???Haven't decided yet.
I've been crafting a little lately but my concentration is a little off so it is slow going.I was thinking of doing crewel on old wool but didn't know if I would be able to find the color[off off white] would you believe Aaron from my Stich&Bitch group said "I have one of those from my grandmother".Lo and behold he brings me a beauty of a blanket with enough material to make lots and lots of crafts.My mind is still reeling with the possibilities.I know I'd better start writing my ideas in my journal.Yeah I've got that journal thing going on.It seems to be working OK.My only problem is when I look back on designs I sometimes think they really stink,which is fine ,I just have to tweek them,however,the bad drawings are still there IN INK staring at me everytime I open the book.Maybe I should start writing in pencil.
The clock tells me I have to get going.I have to close at the barn today,so,I need to move along.Talk to you soon.

No comments: