Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hey Everyone,happy Valentines Day.The sun is shining and it's a beautiful day.Hubby got up early and made my coffee today.This is a big deal because he doesn't drink coffee and I only drink fresh ground.I heard him fumbling in the kitchen this morning and knew he was trying to do the sweetheart thing.We both agreed not to spend $$ on gifts. We are going to N.Y. city on April 5th and can spend all the moolah we want then.I made him some cinnamon buns for breakfast[yeah,from scratch]and tonight we are having Ruby Red Margaritas ,yum yum.
As they say in New Orleans "Laissez les bon temps roullez."
Oh,my electric bill came in this week.My daughter has been after me to unplug things that are not in use .She told me power is still being used dispite the fact that the tv/light/radio/or whatever is turned off.For 1 whole month I pulled the plug on the tv before going to bed.The plug is also connected to a vcr and a dvd player and 1 lamp.The difference was $19 .Our home has 4 levels.Yesterday I went down cellar and unplugged everything.I'll plug in as I need to.We'll see what changes that makes.
I've been working on some tea-time napkins for my crafts.I took pictures and looking forward to learning how to post them soon. I also have 5 pair of wool socks finish.God how I love those.The wool I use still has the lanolin in it It's like heaven on your feet. No more dry skin.
To my surprise I had a comment on my last post.I thought it would be from my daughter but it was from Laurie at slowly I turn I have been reading her for quite awhile now and got up the nerve to comment on her post.She was kind enough to give me a heads up on a problem with my settings.Thanks Laurie Now everyone can talk to me.
Today is a workday so I'll be off to the barn soon.Talk to you later.Thanks for stopping by
THE HOBBIT

1 comment:

Geek+Nerd said...

Wow, Mom, $19! Isn't it nice that going green is not only nice for the earth, but for your pocket book too!?