Tuesday, December 31, 2013

"THE SWEATER"

Every year I have made a sweater for a family member using the wool from my brother's farm I always  thought this would be a great thing to have as a keepsake.My sister-in-law is a spinner and probably the closest person to Tasha Tudor that I know. This being year #4 they are starting to get the whole idea of what I'm doing and my youngest actually chose a pattern for her sweater. In previous years I just made a simple sweater that I thought I could handle.

THIS IS the pattern that she choose. After reading the instructions for 3 days,I hear you chuckling out there, I finally felt confident enough to give it a try. The rectangle above shows the complete pattern that is repeated on the front and back of the sweater.

                                                               Here you see the back. Tadah!



                                                                   and this would be the front


It was quite the learning experience and mistakes were made, you think? I'm glad I pushed the envelope and got it done.Actually I think the hardest part was the blocking. I need to work on that......
.but, all in all it was a successful journey................said the Hobbit

No comments: