Sunday, June 12, 2011

What are we eating now?

SALADS..........that's the star of the table right now. As some of you may know I cook for a few people in my spare time. Of course it seems silly to not make a little extra so that my family gets to share in this yummy goodness. In the winter months I usual make 3 soups and the people on my list will order a quart if they want. The month of May is when this comes to an end ,however, this year I was asked if I could continue and maybe even offer a few salads. This week was the first for pasta salad and I chose to make PEANUTTY PASTA.

I'm sure a lot of you have made this out there. If not, this is a great way to use small amounts of veggies that shouldn't be allowed to go to waste. I cooked up my pasta, rinsed and let it cool. In a large skillet I sauteed in 2 tablespoons ofevoo, 2 minced cloves of garlic and 1 tablespoon of grated ginger, just till I could smell their aroma. Stop here and breathe in. To the pan add 1 cup broth veggie or chicken,1/2cup good peanut butter 1/4 cup soy sauce and 1/4 cup white wine. Allow to simmer 5-7 minutes. Set aside to cool. In the same pan with a little extra oil I sauteed slivered sweet red pepper, mushrooms,and last pea pods.I grated a few carrots and cut a 3 scallions. These were not cooked. Mix the veggies with the pasta then pour as much of the sauce as you wish. This is fine served hot but, we love it cold.
Whatever you have for veggies is fine. Broccoli,sprouts,corn.it's all good. Put this in your fridge,for a quick snack,but, be ready to find an empty bowl.......................said the hobbit

No comments: