Thursday, July 5, 2012

BLUEBERRY TURNOVERS

So much going on right now.Fires in Colorado and Montana,freak storms on the East coast,very hot temperatures in the middle and what am I doing? Looking for ways to use up last years fruit jams so that I can pick more.We have been fortunate in New England to have a fairly normal start to our summer. Life can't be too simple for me.

If you want to be made aware of what is truly important in a household or you are interested in saving on your budget,I have to say that your energy is best used in the kitchen.This is where I do most of my budget cutting however, this photo is of daughter Sarah.I went a little overboard with the blueberry jam last year so she and I found a few recipes that were easy to make and still tasty.
This was super easy.We used store bought puff pastry and followed this RECIPE  using the jam in place of the prepared fruit.
Want to put a smile on your peoples faces? Just pass these around and you'll see
 what I mean......said the hobbit.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Yum, yum, yum. Copied and printed out! I do believe the cream cheese is a wonderful surprise. There certainly would not be any complaints here.