Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Looking in the Pantry

As you know raspberry season is hot and heavy in New England. I always pick way too many and have to scramble to make room for the new crop.I don't know why but, being out of our local fruit is a scary thing to me. Having picked to my heart's content I now feel safe using up the remainder of last years crop.Last year I ran across this recipe for using up frozen fruit and couldn't wait to try it.I have to admit it's a bit time consuming but..........the results are oh so yummy.You can find the recipe HERE
The dough is a sweet yeast dough and requires 2 rises. The first is 2 hours then you make a sweet filling using frozen fruit. Not crazy about raspberries ? Don't let that stop you. You can use any fruit you wish.The top photo is the second rise which is another 2 hours. I thought mine were going to fail as they didn't seem to be quite pouffy enough.

But when all was said and done they look just fine. But, the taste.......oh my God, it was heavenly, and ,the best part? It made 16 huge rolls which I froze in groups of 4 so now I can have that special treat any time I want...................said the hobbit

3 comments:

Andrea said...

oh those look simply divine! I miss our summers in Pennsylvania where lots of berries grow wild. When I would take the kids out for hikes, we would stop at the bushes and fill up. :)

Connie said...

My husband saw these and told me to be sure to take notes. I LOVE yummy stuff like this ...

Geek+Nerd said...

Those look delicious, mum! I hope that I get to taste some!