Tuesday, January 21, 2014

HOW EASY IS THIS


Last October my knitting group had it's first "ANNUAL HARVEST FESTIVAL"  Those who wanted to participate made homemade treats and brought their latest canning to exchange with others. Of course there was more food to nibble on than we could possible have consumed

 A table full of our work was set out for all to see and gush over. You had to bring one to taste and I think 8 to exchange .............such fun.
We had jams jellies homemade cracker jacks cookies beets herb vinegars granola and so much more. You also brought the recipe for all to have.Which brings me to the simple part. ALL THOSE CHRISTMAS CARDS THAT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH......


I made a pattern of the top of my canning jar using a thin plastic cover.The plastic actually allowed me to see what I wanted to cut.


Then I just cut out the circles..............



And now I'll have lovely toppers to place on my canning jar for our next annual festival






Not to mention just the perfect look for Christmas gifting.....pretty pleased with this. Just the right amount of crafting for January......said the Hobbit

1 comment:

Domestic Designer said...

What a great idea! I am going to try this! Have a great evening!
DD