Monday, January 6, 2014

Time to think on the new year............



JANUARY IS THE PERFECT TIME OF YEAR TO SIT BY THE FIRE AND MAKE NEW PLANS.

of course, not all of these plans may come to fruition but, it's nice to plan anyway.Often at the top of my list is how to be more frugal and of course be ready for CHRISTMAS SPENDING. Seems strange to mention this in January but,truly now is the time to work out a plan. Recently I have found a blog that focuses on making the best of what you have.This site is filled with everyday hints and helpful suggestions to find ways to live within your means.Not very fancy but definitely helpful.So if you want to check it out just click on  here.SOMEPLACE NEW What has gotten me excited this week is a little game of saving money for the end of the year.It's really simple ........There are 52 weeks in the year. On week 1 tuck away a dollar for the holidays week 2 .........2 dollars etc etc. He suggest that you mix it up a little. If you have $15 that you can squirrel away before week 15 than go ahead and do so saving the single digits for when you have a tighter week.So...........I have marked my calender ,numbering each Saturday 1,2,3,etc as payday and plan on initialing it as I go along.Wish me luck .....If I pull it off I will have approximately $1400 in my Holiday Fund.Now doesn't that sound like a winner?..........said the Hobbit


No comments: