Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Keep this in the fridge

With summer coming soon(I think)I like to find a few recipes that can be fixed ahead,last a few days and will be better for me that a hot fudge sundae.Broccoli Salad is one that fits the bill.
This is a staple at the barn and one I think you will enjoy.First bake1/2 a lb of bacon till crisp.While that's baking mix the dressing.
Use 1 cup of 1/2&1/2,1/2 cup of mayo,1/4 cup of superfine sugar and 1/8 cup of white vinegar.Let this sit while you chop 3 stalks of celery


and toss that into the dressing along with 1/2 cup thompson raisins (dark not golden)and the crumbled bacon.

Chop about 3 small heads of broccoli keeping the pieces just right to put in your mouth.You don't cook the broccoli so make sure not to use too much of the stem.Toss this together and let it marinate in the fridge for a few hours.I know this will hit the spot after those long workouts in the garden.If not ,there's always the hot fudge sundae................said the hobbit

3 comments:

Connie said...

This is one of my favorite salads. The combination sounds strange but it is delicious!

Unknown said...

This looks delicious!

Margaret said...

I love broccoli salad..I really need to make it more often. I generally make it in the summer but it's a great winter salad to.